Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Panes!

This post will do a body good, not your waistline per se, but you will be at peace knowing you have discovered one of the best sandwich shops in the city:
Panes Bread Cafe at 3002 N. Sheffield.





I cannot take credit for finding this gem (that feat belongs to Amber), but I can take credit for eating a gazillion sandwiches and deeming them all to be delicious. Loyal readers you know I am a sandwich connoisseur and I would never lead you astray, so trust me when I say you cannot go wrong with any of Panes' goodies served on their homemade breads. Turkey Turkey, Super Panes, Portobello Mushroom, Roasted Beef, Sloppy Pollo... the list goes on. Chips are included and you will get a ton of food for not a lot of cash; speaking of which, they are cash only so come prepared and make sure you have a little extra for dessert: the amazing monster cookie. If salads or pasta are your thing they have those too, but the bread and sandwiches are where it's at.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

These pics are making my mouth water...I want another sandwich and monster cookie!!! So Good!

Anonymous said...

I'll eat at panes when you post a new blog!