Thursday, December 13, 2007

Merry Christma....What the....???

I'm still obsessed with buying CD's instead of digital music because I like the ritual of opening the jewel case, enjoying the disc art, reading the liner notes etc...

I could write another entry about that subject, but I just wanted to share this specific incident demonstrating the fun of being "surprised" when you open a CD which just occurred today:

I had been waiting with bated breath for my new arrival in the mail, "A Christmas Gift For You From Phil Spector." This little out of print gem has such great holiday music, my personal favorite being Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)- Darlene Love, and is worth any amount of money if you happen to come across it. This album was released in 1963, reissued in 1989, and features The Ronettes, The Crystals, Bob B. Soxx, and Darlene Love. Good Stuff, I promise you won't be disappointed, but I digress...

When I opened the CD insert to my surprise, horror, and amusement I found this lovely poster:


This brings to mind 3 questions:
Why Phil, WHY?
How come all the talented people are also loony???
And why is there a random top hat in the background?

Thank you Phil, for this lovely gift.

1 comment:

Nick Hurley said...

Judge, I'd like to present my first evidence of, if not guilt, the potential for craziness.