Saturday, October 13, 2007

Rock*n*Roll Rebel

What Would Neil Young Do? asks the pile of posters in the installation by Jeremy Deller...
...I'll tell you what he would do: not listen to a sign that says "No photography permitted in the gallery." These naughty neon lights were too fun to not take a picture of!

Overall, the Sympathy for the Devil exhibit at the MCA was really great. The audio tour left much to be desired, but I just hummed a little When the Levee Breaks to myself and I was entertained (thank you Slater Bradley for your cool piece "The Year of the Doppelganger"). The MCA is free for 40 days people!!! Go see some rad art!

Later that night, after a sidewalk ticket ambush from a friend, I found myself at Yo La Tengo. I love randomly falling in love with a band I'm not too familiar with, and such was the case on Thursday night. My rebellious rock star photography continued where "No photography of any kind is allowed."

"Cameras will be confiscated," yeah right.
WWNYD?

No comments: