Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Momentum


Yesterday I updated my voter registration. Nothing like waiting until the last day to finally bust a move and do something that I needed to do since I changed my address... four years ago. It was great being in a room with like minded people in the County Clerk's office. Voters? No, procrastinators! It has been reported that a record number of people have registered in Illinois in the past few days, and it is nice to see people appreciating and embracing the privilege of voting. I'm not a very political person, as I generally find politics polarizing, upsetting, and insincere; however, I am quite invested in the outcome of this election. This is not the right venue for me to be on my soapbox (albeit a tiny soapbox), and I hope everyone in the nation feels comfortable voting for WHOEVER THEY MAY CHOOSE REGARDLESS OF AGE, RACE, OR PARTY, but I'm proud to support Hillary and hope that New Hampshire is the first of many victories for her. I think Obama is a great man with a great future, but I just don't feel comfortable voting for him when his opposition is a strong, savvy, experienced, and talented woman. I'm voting for Hillary because she is a girl and she is great, plain and simple. In my dream world all females would rally behind our best shot at getting into the White House. If it's not her, then who; and if it's not now, then when? In 2008 I'm ready to stop pondering.

No comments: