Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tweet!

Usually I'm pretty guarded about hidden gems, but seeing how I gush about this place regularly (and you will find it on most of the best brunch in Chicago lists) I feel it deserves a little blog shout out. Maybe it is the free Intelligentsia coffee while you wait, or the breakfast cakes on your table...though it could also be the cute vintage dishware and awesome art hanging from the walls... The owner, Michelle Fire, and her adorable staff couldn't be nicer...but I must say the reason I wake up on Sunday mornings salivating for Tweet is because the food is to die for. I've had a good amount of the things on the menu, Crabcakes Hollandaise, Sunrise Granola, French Toast, Uncaged Eggs, Corn Arepas... the list goes on and on but all of them have rocked my world. Right now I'm obsessed with the Cobb Salad and the Chilaquiles. My dad, a southern country boy born and raised, also claims the Biscuits and Gravy are the best he has ever eaten. The best advice I can give: order something with bacon. You won't be sorry. Mmmmmm bacon...

No comments: