Sunday, March 2, 2008

Habari Rafiki!

Hello friend!
It takes about 4 minutes to upload a picture, so enjoy the fruits of my labor and make up your own captions! Yesterday was a lazy Sunday after SWP ran the Kili half marathon. Off to Arusha today for some shopping. Africa is starting to feel like a place that I never knew I could enjoy so much. I keep thinking about books I read as a kid like "Why Do Mosquitos Buzz In People's Ears?" and "Bringing The Rain to Kapiti Plain" (was anyone else a fan of Reading Rainbow??) and I can't believe I am actually here experiencing this amazing land. Sarah and the girls are amazing hosts, and I love seeing them interact with their friends and neighbors speaking perfect Swahili. In Tanazania strangers are just friends you have yet to meet. I wish everyone everywhere was as welcoming and friendly as the people are here. So refreshing to walk down the street or drive in the car and shout "habari!" to everyone that you pass. JLB, we miss you!
Until later...





6 comments:

Nick Hurley said...

AWESOME!!! Those are great pictures. Can't wait to see more. Sounds like you are having a great time. Say hi to Sarah and the girls. (p.s. I'm not reading this at 5:20 in the morning, I'm waiting for my connection flight in Barcelona)

Anonymous said...

wow my first blog shout out! Miss u...glad ur having a great experience. Wish I could be there.

Anonymous said...

omg!!! sara! i can't wait to see you when you get back! i can't believe i'll be there in a month!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. You and a giraffe....AWESOME!!!! Love Mom, Dad, and Suz

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara,
Can you ride on those beetles? Could we use one for our Christmas display? Love you, Mom and Dad

Kelly said...

it's so wonderful to hear all the little details about your adventures there, sara! i hope to hear more and see more beautious pictures. congrats on your official recognition as a mzungu - toby read your posts and i think it made him smile very big inside. :) love you so much. enjoy yourself!