Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chris & Co.


Con: I didn't get my ticket given to me by Chris Martin.
Pro: I did bring a camera this time.

Prior to the Coldplay concert ticket drama of 2006 I only carried my camera when I knew I needed it. After I sat through a Coldplay concert without my camera nine rows from the stage in seats that Chris Martin gave JLB and me tickets for I vowed never, ever, EVER to leave home without my camera in my bag.







Last night at the United Center the boys put on a great show and gave me some fun shots, though not the best in quality, far more exciting than the microscopic cell phone pics of yesteryear. They played a few songs on a small illuminated stage near my seat, and another few in the midst of the crowd toward the back of the arena. The rest of the time was spent on stage amongst the glowing orbs and loads of confetti, or running around recording a video for their new single "Lost." People can critique Coldplay all they want, but I think they are great despite being a bit radio friendly and having some lame-o fans. They put their heart into their shows, are all amazing musicians, and - I can only speak for Chris, but assume this is true of Will, Guy, and Johnny as well - they could not be nicer and more down to earth. I saw them almost ten years ago at the Aragon, and I will continue coming back for more! Thanks for a lovely evening boys...

No comments: