Monday, August 27, 2007

List Mania!


Here is a snippet into my life: I love making lists! I think it is both a compulsion and a pastime, but what you see above is creative cross-section of the bits of paper floating around my desk at any given time. Scary, I know. Most of my to-do's are to read, to listen to, to watch, to write, etc. The really important stuff gets extracted from a list and obtains a piece of paper all to itself. These notes usually say something like: RENT! and get strategically placed where I have to deal with them. The problem is, I usually find away to work around them. A great example of this is occurring right now as I type. Gee, is that a post-it on my return key? I hadn't noticed.

Who knows why I love lists so much. Maybe it's my love for paper and documenting things, or maybe it's the satisfaction of getting a pen and making that glorious horizontal line through the completed items. Some days, like today, I think a list merely helps give meaning to an otherwise unproductive day. Hurrah! Today I got 2 rolls of quarters, exchanged a pair of jeans, bought soap, and renewed a magazine subscription! Boring? Not if it's crossed off of a list. Now if I can just bring myself to book those plane tickets...

No comments: