Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fukudome!

photo: Chicago Tribune


I have a new favorite Cub! After Alou left, Barrett became my main man, but now it's all about Kosuke Fukudome! Talk about winning over the skeptics on your first day on the job, not only can this man play but his last name has a nice ring to it, great for cheering him on: Fu-ku-DO-me! *clap*clap*clap clap clap*

Granted all his work was in vain yesterday, but he was still amazing to watch. He was focused, poised, and actually knew when to swing at the ball, unlike a few so-called power-hitters we have had in the past. I'm actually contemplating sitting in right field to get a closer look at him in action, though I think my left field bleacher seat and some binoculars should do the trick come Saturday afternoon. I know we lost yesterday, but don't we always? I don't care about the first game of the season it's the last end all be all game that I want us to win. We looked good, and seemed to feel good, so I'm thinking positively. Afterall, the 100th time is the charm... or so I'm hoping.

No comments: