Tuesday, February 26, 2008

London Town

Off to Africa tomorrow, in the meantime I enjoyed a sun-shiny day on Oxford Street today. I'm posting a couple of pics from the other day because this blog is getting pretty sorry looking without any photos! My first access to a computer for an extended amount of time, yet I only had access to some poor quality photos. Bear with me people... MMMMMM....This is seriously my favorite place in London that I have discovered. Great beers in a cute pub with excellent enexpensive Thai food next door. Didn't get to partake the last time I was over due to a large crowd of football (that's soccer to you Americans!)fans watching a match, but this is what I demanded to have as my first meal on Thursday night. Yum!


Sunday afternoon was spent on Tower Bridge, quite the quintessential London landmark. I'm not too into the touristy side of things, but it was pretty cool to admire this monument up close as opposed to viewing it down the Thames as I've done in the past.

Filed under highly ironic: I'm as I type watching Hotel Babylon... a show that airs for free on one of the few British tv channels, yet airs on BBC America as part of a $90 digital premium package that I pay for at home. Who says I can't save money by moving here!

Health update: I've just taken the first dose of my Malaria medicine... no puking after alomost 2 hours! Woo! Fingers crossed, my side effects should be mild! Yay!

No comments: