Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Un-wrinkled

In my final days as a cable watcher I have been giving The Sundance Channel a lot of love... The other night I caught Gimme Shelter, a flick I had seen bits and pieces of but had never watched in one sitting. Wow.

What a great reminder of how amazing the Rolling Stones are. Yes, I choose to use the present tense there because even though they are all old and look like prunes and have become a tad bit robotic in their concerts ("Phoning them in," to borrow a quote from Jim DeRogotis) they are still an amazing band. Ironic that old songs are great, but old men...not so much. If you need a refresher to re-instill your love for The Stones this movie will be just what the doctor ordered. I forgot how ridiculously adorable Keith Richards was back in the early days.

1 comment:

Nick Hurley said...

"In my final days as a cable watcher" Whoa, stop the presses